No matter how engrossed you are and how busy you get, you will always want to know what’s happening in your area.
So if you happen to be right in the middle of Nashville or anywhere in Tennessee, why not stay updated on the news, current traffic updates, weather reports, and investigation stories?
It is easy! You just have to install the WSMV app on your Roku streaming device and activate it via wsmv.com/activate.
Let us guide you through the process with the following straightforward steps.
You need to take care of a couple of things to avoid any unprecedented events during the WSMV activation process.
Among the must-haves, you will need the below things.
- Sign-in details with News4 Nashville
- A Roku device that supports the News4 Nashville app
- A computer or smartphone to access wsmv.com/activate
- And, of course, you need a high-speed Internet connection to accomplish the task uninterruptedly.
How to Create News4 Nashville Account?
Before you get the WSMV News app on your Roku device to watch local news and weather updates, make sure you create a profile.
- Launch your computer browser and access the URL – wsmv.com.
- You will see a profile icon in the top-right corner.
- Open the profile and click the Sign-Up Today option.
- You are on the Account Registration page.
- Here, you will be prompted to create your Username.
- Choose wisely while creating a Username (as it will display when you comment).
- Use a valid email address and enter your password.
- The system will confirm the password in the following field.
- Next, you would like to join the mailing lists.
- Click the “I’m not a robot” option.
- Click the Create Account button.
The sign-up process is now completed. Save the log-in credentials for future use.
Install News 4 WSMV Nashville on Roku
- Navigate to the Roku home screen.
- Scroll down to access Streaming Channels > Search Channels > Channel Store.
- Type WSMV 4 Nashville in the search bar.
- The search results will bring the News 4 WSMV Nashville app.
- Click the Add Channel button to install the app.
- The News WSMV app is now installed on your Roku.
Activate WSMV App on Roku at wsmv.com/activate
- Go back to the home screen and launch the app.
- You will take note of the activation code.
- Grab another device to access the activation link – wsmv.com/activate.
- Enter the sign-in details. (If you don’t have an account, click the “Register Here” option below the SIGN IN button.)
- Click the Sign In button and provide the code in the required field to complete the process.
Your Roku screen will refresh automatically, and you can now watch the news and weather reports anytime.
Activation Failed? Troubleshoot Tips
You can’t get the latest news and on-demand stories if the activation fails. But there’s nothing to panic about as we have got you covered.
- Check Your Internet Connection: One of the most obvious reasons you can’t connect to your News4 WSMV account is your poor Internet connection. The best way to check it is by accessing another device and launching your favorite browser. Search for something in Google and see what it brings. If it doesn’t get any results or just shows connection issues, you must contact your service provider.
- Use Code Immediately: You can’t generate an activation code and use it the next day or later. No, it doesn’t work like that. Unless the code is used timely, it won’t work. As a result, the activation will fail. To resolve this issue, you must repeat the activation process and get the code again to complete the process.
Also, you need to make sure your streaming device and web browser are compatible with the News4 WSMP app.
You can stream live newscasts and receive breaking news & updates after activating the app on your Roku device.
Frequently Asked Questions
You need to add & activate the WSMV Nashville app on Roku to get the latest news and other important updates for Tennessee and southern Kentucky.
Once you activate the app on Roku, you can start streaming it for free.