Designed for children, YouTube Kids is one of the first choices for concerned parents to offer their kids educational and entertainment videos.
YouTube Kids boasts content of all types – fun-filled and knowledge-based. Moreover, it is a safe haven for kids to enjoy content related to art & crafts, cartoons, and more.
Follow the steps below if you have a Roku device and want to stream YouTube Kids on Roku.
Steps to Watch YouTube Kids on Roku (Screen Mirror)
Since the YouTube Kids app is unavailable on the Roku Channel Store, screen mirroring is the only way to watch YouTube Kids on Roku.
To carry out the screen mirroring process and enjoy YouTube Kids entertaining and educational videos on your Roku streaming device, you need to enable the screen mirroring feature on your Roku.
Let’s quickly learn how to enable the screen mirroring feature on your Roku streaming media player.
Guide to Enable Screen Mirror on Roku
Here’s a step-by-step process to enable the screen mirroring feature on your Roku if you want to screen mirror YouTube Kids from your smartphone or PC.
- To begin with, you need to turn on your Roku device.
- Navigate to the home screen by pressing the Home icon on the remote.
- Go to the Settings from there.
- In the Settings section, select Systems > Screen Mirroring.
- Click the Screen Mirroring Mode and choose one option – Prompt, Always Allow or Never Allow.
- Select either Prompt or Always Allow since you want to enable the screen mirror feature on Roku.
Note: Devices already marked as allowed or blocked will be managed automatically.
Now that the screen mirror feature is active on your Roku device, you are good to go with the following screen mirroring methods from Android or iOS devices.
Screen Mirror YouTube Kids on Roku from an Android Device
Before following the instructions below, make sure both Roku and Android device is connected to the same internet connection.
To screen mirror YouTube Kids from your Android smartphone –
- First, switch on your Roku device.
- Access the Google Play Store on your Android phone or tablet.
- Install the YouTube Kids app.
- After installing the app, tap the Open option.
- Inside the app, enter the log-in details to access your account.
- Now, go to the Notifications tab (on your phone) and tap the Cast icon.
- Select your Roku device from the list and tap the OK button.
- You are now ready to cast content on your Roku.
- Go to the YouTube Kids app and play a video. It should screen mirror on your Roku device.
Screen Mirror YouTube Kids on Roku from an iPhone
Before screen mirroring YouTube Kids on Roku from your iPhone or iPad, ensure the AirPlay feature is enabled. Check the steps below to enable AirPlay on Roku and then carry out the screen mirroring process.
- Turn on your Roku device and go to the Home screen.
- From there, access the Settings section.
- Scroll down to select Apple Airplay and HomeKit.
- You need to turn on the AirPlay feature.
- Tap the First Time Only option on AirPlay Settings.
Now that you have enabled AirPlay on Roku, you can go ahead with the remaining steps to screen mirror YouTube Kids from your iPhone.
- Make sure your iPhone and Roku are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- On your iPhone, go to the App Store and install the YouTube Kids app.
- Access the Control Center, swipe down, and tap the Screen Mirroring option.
- You will see your Roku TV listed on the available devices.
- Select it.
- A passcode will appear on your TV.
- Enter the passcode on your iPhone and tap OK.
- Now open the YouTube Kids app and enjoy your favorite videos on Roku.
YouTube Kids is a safe place for young children to enjoy entertaining and educational content. Since it supports various platforms, you will want to get YouTube Kids on Roku.
Unfortunately, the YouTube Kids app is unavailable on the Roku Channel Store. But this doesn’t stop you from watching its content on your Roku device. So follow the above steps carefully and enjoy YouTube Kids on your TV-connected device.