Launched in 1994 as Home & Garden Television, HGTV, owned (bought) by Discovery, Inc., is an American pay-TV channel that primarily focuses on reality programming related to real estate and home improvement.
It is ranked #4 in audience size among cable networks and is available to more than 127 million American households (as of February 2022).
If you want to enjoy the latest episodes of HGTV on your streaming devices such as Roku, Apple TV, or Fire Stick, check out the steps below to activate the HGTV GO app at watch.hgtv.com/activate.
How to Activate HGTV at watch.hgtv.com/activate
To activate the HGTV GO app on your digital media player, you need the sign-in credentials of your TV provider (the cable or satellite provider you pay a monthly subscription fee).
If you have an active subscription with a participating TV provider, follow the steps below to activate HGTV on your preferred streaming device –
Steps to Activate HGTV Go App on Roku
Adding and activating the HGTV GO app on your Roku device doesn’t cost a fortune. The HGTV GO app is available on the Roku Channel Store. So, all you have to do is follow the steps mentioned below –
Note: Before you begin the process, check your Roku player is connected to the HDMI port of your TV and has a high-speed Internet connection.
- Turn on your Roku device and TV.
- Press the Home icon on the Roku remote to go to the Roku home screen.
- Use the down arrow button to navigate to Streaming Channels.
- Next, choose the Search Channels option.
- In Roku Channel Store, use the virtual keyboard to type HGTV GO.
- The app will appear on the screen. Select Add channel to get the app on your device.
- After adding the HGTV app to your Roku, select Go to channel option to launch the app.
- Inside the app, follow the on-screen instructions to get a unique activation code.
- Open a web browser on another device (preferably a computer, smartphone, or tablet) and visit watch.hgtv.com/activate.
- Enter the code and click Link TV Provider.
- Sign in using your service provider details and click the ACTIVATE button to finish the process.
You can now stream Home Town, Property Brothers, Flip or Flop, Good Bones, Rock the Block, Flea Market Flip, Home Again, 100 Day Dream Home, and Renovation Island on your Roku-connected TV.
watch.hgtv.com Activate on Fire TV Stick
Fire TV or Firestick users can follow the instructions below to install and activate the HGTV GO app –
- Find HGTV Go app in the App Store of your Fire TV Stick.
- Install the app by tapping on the Get option.
- When installed, launch the HGTV GO app.
- A code along with the activation URL will display on the screen.
- Once you have the code, visit watch.hgtv.com/activate on a computer or phone.
- Enter the code in the prompted field and press the Link TV Provider button.
- Select your TV Provider and sign in to your account.
- Follow remaining on-screen prompts (if any) to complete activation.
You can now watch the HGTV Go channel on your Fire TV.
Activate HGTV on Apple TV via watch.hgtv.com/activate
HGTV Go app lets you get the latest news about HGTV shows, your favorite hosts, and an up-to-date schedule of shows on TV today.
If you wish to get all this information on your Apple TV, activate the HGTV Go app by following these steps –
- Open the App Store on your Apple TV.
- Find the HGTV GO app using the Search option.
- Select the app from the search results and press the Get option to begin the installation.
- Once installed, press the Open button to launch the app on Apple TV.
- You will see a unique code along with activation instructions on your TV screen.
- Now, on a separate device (phone/PC/tablet), visit watch.hgtv.com/activate.
- Enter the code shown on your TV and press the Link TV Provider button.
- Then, select your TV provider and log into your account.
The HGTV Go app is now active on your Apple TV.
HGTV Activation Code Not Working? Troubleshooting Tips
Is your HGTV activation code not working? No worries! The next time you try to activate the HGTV GO app on Roku or any other device (Android, iPhone, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, or Samsung Smart TV), you may like to check the following steps.
- The Code Won’t Work If You Took So Long to Enter It: Yes, that’s right! The HGTV GO activation code will not work if you delay entering it at watch.hgtv.com/activate.
- Bad Network? Repeat Process: You accessed another device, launched your favorite web browser and entered the code. But to your surprise, it didn’t work. Blame the Internet! Maybe, your Internet speed is poor, and it took a lot of time to process.
- Not Using the Same Network: If your Roku and second device are not connected to the same network, the activation code won’t work.
Frequently Asked Questions
You will need to subscribe to a participating cable or satellite TV provider.
Yes (for most episodes)! You can also watch many episodes without signing in.
It is your cable or satellite provider that you pay to enjoy various channels.
On most occasions, you can watch new episodes the next month (after they have aired).
You don’t pay a penny to download the app.