A popular cable channel service from NBCUniversal, SYFY is recognized for broadcasting movies and popular TV shows of different genres (Fantasy, Science Fiction, Supernatural, Horror, Drama, Paranormal, and Reality programming) but also live TV. With a wide variety of content available right at your disposal, you would be tempted to activate the channel on your Roku digital media player. This guide will teach you how to get SYFY on Roku or Fire TV and activate the channel at syfy.com/activatenbcu.
Prerequisites for Streaming syfy.com
To stream SYFY, you need to have a TV subscription through one of the participating TV providers. That’s not it! You are going to need a few prerequisites to activate the channel. Check out what else you would need to complete the activation process smoothly.
- A high-speed Internet connection.
- A TV subscription from a participating TV provider.
- A smartphone or computer. (For syfy.com activate/activatenbcu code)
- An SYFY app and account.
Steps to Activate Syfy on Roku via syfy.com/activatenbcu
What better platform to watch the most recent SYFY movies and latest shows than a compatible Roku device? Probably, this is the most appealing feature of the American basic cable channel app. Once you have got the prerequisites ready beforehand, you can go ahead and start streaming movies (No Time To Die, The Suicide Squad, The Conjuring, F9, Black Widow, Dune, etc.), TV shows (Arrowverse, Star Wards, Van Helsing, Loki, and more), comics (Marvel, DC, Image, Dark Horse, and Comic Previews), and original videos (Interviews, Artists Alley, Behind The Panel, and Warp Factor).
Now that you are ready, let us walk you through the activation process. Please stick to the steps and follow them meticulously to accomplish the task in a hassle-free way.
- Start the process by turning on the Roku device. Connect it to the HDMI port on your TV.
- You need to navigate the “Streaming Channels” option using the Roku remote from the home screen.
- You will see several options on the screen. Select “Search Channels” from the side screen and navigate to the “Roku Channel Store.”
- In the “Search” box, you need to type the name of the app – SYFY.
- Highlight the app once the search result brings it on the screen by pressing the “OK” button.
- It will open the channel and tap on the “+ Add channel” button to add the app.
- Upon installation, launch the app. It will generate a unique Activation Code on the TV screen. (along with the activation link and instructions)
- Open your computer and launch your favorite web browser. Head over to syfy.com/activatenbcu to enter the received code.
- Click on the “CONTINUE” button to finish the activation process.
Go back to the Roku home screen. It will refresh, and you will see the app in the existing Roku channel list.
Activate SYFY on Amazon Fire TV
- Use the Alexa Voice Assistant remote button or the Find option from your Fire TV’s home screen to locate the SYFY app.
- From the search result, select the SYFY app and press the Get option to begin the installation.
- After installation, press the Open option.
- A unique activation code will be generated on your screen.
- Open a web browser on a separate device (phone or computer) and visit syfy.com/activatenbcu.
- Enter your activation code in the provided field and press the CONTINUE button.
- If prompted sign into your SYFY account and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the activation process.
- You can now watch the SYFY on your Amazon Fire TV.
What are you waiting for? Call over your buddies, have a bucket of popcorn and enjoy the weekend.
Activation Code Not Working? Troubleshooting Tips
What if you ran into some problems and couldn’t accomplish activating the SYFY app on syfy.com/roku? Here are some troubleshooting tips that you would be fascinated to try your hands at –
- Invalid Code: Your code becomes idle if you delay entering it in the desired field. You will likely see the message “Invalid Code.”
- Make the most out of it by accessing the activation link and providing it carefully.
- Type the code little cautiously (case sensitive)
- Code Doesn’t Appear: You didn’t receive the code? Consider repeating the steps. Before that, make sure you have an NBCUniversal profile, a valid subscription from a participating TV provider, etc.
- Unable to Connect to the App: You should clear the cache from the browser and re-enter the code.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Uninstall and re-install the SYFY app. It should work.
Yes, you can. For that, you will need to have a regular TV subscription.
If you get an error, clear cookies & cache, use another browser, access the incognito mode, and re-enter the code.