AMC Networks launched Sundance TV, originally Sundance Channel, in 1996, which aired world cinema, independent feature films, documentaries, and short films.
The channel is known for its “coverage of the latest developments” of the Sundance Film Festival. Today, people can simply download the Sundance TV app on their favorite device, including Roku or Fire TV to stream Live TV or watch the latest in-season episodes. However, signing in with a TV provider is required to complete the activation process at sundancetv.com/activate.
Are you excited to watch behind-the-scenes videos from your favorite performers and creators? Or, do you hate to miss out on some of the iconic movies? You can find new favorites, watch award-winning original content, stream live TV, and enjoy on-demand content by activating Sundance TV on your streaming device.
Prerequisites for Activating Sundance TV
Have you got these things ready beforehand?
- Sign-in details with a participating TV provider
- A compatible Streaming device (Must be an updated one)
- Get the latest version of the Sundance TV app
- A supported browser to access sundancetv.com/activate
- A stable internet connection with good speed
- An account with Sundance TV
Steps to Activate Sundance TV on Roku Streaming Device
AMC Networks owns various channels. And, the Sundance TV channel is one of them. If you have a penchant for all that it offers (mentioned above), consider activating Sundance TV via sundancetv.com/activate.
Since Roku is a great streaming platform, getting the channel on your streaming device would be an excellent way to explore the extensive collection of originals and shows.
Let us walk you through the easy activation steps below that even a non-tech-savvy person finds handy to follow.
- To Activate Sundance TV on Roku, navigate to Streaming Channels from the Roku home screen.
- Select Search Channels and access the Search bar.
- Type Sundance TV and click the Add channel button.
- Press the OK button to add the app to the channel list.
- Return to the home screen and launch the Sundance TV app.
- A unique activation code will appear on the screen.
- Note down the code and open another device.
- Make sure your second device uses the same Internet connection as your Roku device.
- Launch your regular browser and navigate to sundancetv.com/activate.
- Enter the code and click the orange Submit button.
- Sign in with your TV provider and click the Activate button.
The system will take a moment to verify the details. Once confirmed, your Roku device will be activated. You will be all set to stream your favorite shows.
Activate Sundance TV on Fire Stick using sundancetv.com/activate
- Press the Home icon button on your Fire TV remote to get to the home screen.
- Select the Find option and search for the Sundance TV app.
- Select the Sundance TV app from the search result and press the Get option.
- The app will begin installing on your Fire TV.
- Post-installation, press the Open option to launch the app.
- The app will generate a unique activation code on your screen.
- Open a browser on another device and visit sundancetv.com/activate.
- Enter the activation code and press SUBMIT button.
- Then, sign in with your TV provider login credentials.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the activation process.
- The Sundance TV can now be accessed on your Fire TV device.
Sundance TV Activation – Troubleshooting Tips
What went wrong? Why couldn’t you access the Sundance TV library?
Check out the following reasons and the troubleshooting tips for the Sundance TV activation code not working issue.
- Code Expired: You will need to repeat the process to regenerate a new activation code. Without further delay, visit the activation page to enter the code to complete the process.
- Delete the App and Re-install It: Get rid of the app from your device and install it again from the Roku Channel Store. Get a new code and accomplish the task using the official activation page.
- Contact Your TV Provider: Still, can’t activate? Contact your cable or satellite provider to fix the issue.
About Sundance TV (Shows, Price & Features)
The Sundance TV app is available on compatible streaming platforms and smartphones. Once activated, you get to watch all the popular Sundance TV shows, such as Deutschland 86, Jonestown: Terror in the Jungle, The Split, Hap & Leonard, Close Up with The Hollywood Reporter, The Staircase, Back, Cold Blooded: The Clutter Family Murders, Sundance Film Festival Shorts, and Seduce Me.
“Can I watch Sundance TV for free?”
Yes, you certainly can if your TV provider offers Sundance TV already. It doesn’t cost a dime to install the app on Roku.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The official Sundance channel is available on the Roku Channel Store. You can download it for free.
You don’t see a parental control option here.
Apart from Roku, you can get the channel on Fire TV and Apple TV.