If you are a talk show fan and love celebrity interviews and other top shows, we recommend you to activate OWN TV on your streaming device at start.watchown.tv/activate.
Oprah Winfrey Network, shortened as OWN, is a popular streaming service offering binge-worthy shows, original series, and videos.
To access it anywhere, you need a cable subscription from one of the TV providers, including Verizon, Xfinity, AT&T, Spectrum, DirecTV, and more.
Prerequisites for activating the OWN TV App
The OWN network is led by the famous TV personality Oprah Winfrey that brings you lifestyle and entertainment programming aimed at African-American audiences.
The channel is jointly owned by Harpo Studios and Discovery Inc. As of 2015, the cable channel is available to 70.3% of the US households with TV.
If you wish to join the massive community, you must add & activate the OWN TV app on your Roku or Fire TV.
Before you jump over to the activation steps below, ensure you have the following prerequisites ready beforehand.
- A compatible streaming device (must be an updated one).
- Stable, high-speed Wi-Fi network.
- Subscription from a participating TV provider.
- An OWN TV profile.
OWN TV Activation Guide for Roku Device via. start.watchown.tv/activate
Looking for a detailed guide on activating the Oprah Winfrey Network app on Roku? Let us walk you through the easy activation process below.
- Press the “Home” icon on the Roku remote to access the home screen.
- Use the remote and navigate to “Streaming Channels”.
- Under it, you will find the “Search Channels” option.
- Click on it and search for the OWN TV app on the Roku Channel Store.
- Select the channel by pressing the “OK” button on the remote.
- It will again prompt you to click on the “+Add channel” button.
- Upon clicking the button, the app will be added to your device.
- Tap on it to launch. Enter the OWN TV profile credentials to sign in (if prompted).
- This should bring you an Activation Code. Save the code for future use.
- On a separate device, launch a browser. Type start.watchown.tv/activate in the URL bar.
- Enter the activation code and click on the “ACTIVATE” button.
This should end the activation process. You will see a success message on the screen. Return to your Roku device, which will refresh the screen. You are all set to enjoy the talk shows and celebrity interviews.
Activate OWN TV on Fire TV Stick using Activation Code
- From the home screen of your Fire TV, select the Find option.
- Search for the OWN TV app.
- Press the Get option to download and install the app.
- Next, select the Open option to launch the app.
- Click Sign in to receive the activation code.
- Now, go to the OWN TV activation page (start.watchown.tv/activate).
- Enter the activation code and press the ACTIVATE! button.
- Then, follow the on-screen prompts to complete the activation process.
- The OWN app will be linked to your Amazon Fire TV device.
OWN TV activation code not working – Troubleshooting Tips
Try out the following troubleshooting tips if the OWN TV activation code failed.
- Use a Compatible Web Browser and Delete Cache & Cookies: Before you access the authorized OWN TV activation page, ensure that the browser is a supported one. Since the cache files have the potential to create issues, you may want to clear them prior to entering the code.
- Invalid Code: Take extra care during the activation process. Copy the pairing code and enter it at start.watchown.tv/activate without making any mistake. What else? You must not delay entering the code as it may become invalid.
- Update Your Device: Are you using an updated Roku device? You may check that by accessing the “Settings” option.
OWN TV Features, Price & Popular Shows
Watch OWN lets you enjoy your favorite episodes by signing in with a TV provider. When activated, you get to stream the new episodes the day after they air on TV. Well, ever wondered how much do you need to pay to stream OWN Network’s popular shows?
You pay nothing to watch your favorite shows like Family or Fiance, David Makes Man, Love & Marriage: Huntsville, Queen Sugar, Black Love, OWN Spotlight, Belle Collective, Begin Every Man, Food Fantasies, Lovely Bites, and more. How? The Watch OWN app is free to download. However, you must log in through your TV provider to access the shows. So, you just need a subscription from your TV provider.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
To stream the best Watch OWN shows, you will need to download the app for free. After activation, it will let you watch full episodes and access live streams on your device.
On-demand, live streaming, and full episodes.
If you don’t see your TV provider offering OWN TV content, you will have to switch the service. If you see your TV provider (COX, Xfinity, Spectrum, U-Verse, etc.) but don’t remember the login credentials, you can reset (username or password) using the concerned link on the official website.