The best way to watch groundbreaking documentaries, star-studded movies, sports, comedy, and much more is to get the SHOWTIME Anytime app (not SHOWTIME app). SHOWTIME is available on Roku & Fire TV. It means, that if you have subscribed to a participating TV provider, you get to watch the best shows at no additional cost.
Read through the guide to learn how to activate the SHOWTIME Anytime app on your streaming device at showtimeanytime.com/activate (official link).
A flagship property of ViacomCBS Domestic Media Networks, SHOWTIME Anytime is available through various participating TV providers, including Spectrum, AT&T U-verse, Cox, XFINITY, DISH, Suddenlink, DIRECTV, Frontier, Optimum, Mediacom, FiOS, and more.
When successfully activated on Roku or Fire Stick, not only do you get to stream award-winning, acclaimed original series (Billions, Homeland, The Chi, Shameless, The Affair, Black Monday, and Ray Donovan), but also you can watch offline (later).
Pumped up? Want to access showtimeanytime/activate right now to activate? Here are a few things that you should be ready beforehand.
Prerequisites for Activating Showtime anytime
To ensure the activation process is smooth and seamless, we encourage you to check these prerequisites first.
- An active SHOWTIME subscription from a streaming service or participating provider.
- A high-speed internet connection.
- An active account with SHOWTIME Anytime.
- Get the SHOWTIME Anytime app, not the SHOWTIME app.
- An active Roku account and the Roku device setup should already be done.
- A smartphone or PC (to enter activation code in showtimeanytime.com/activate).
Steps to Activate Showtime Anytime on Roku via showtimeanytime.com/activate
Known for high customer engagement and streaming innovation, Roku, a leader in streaming entertainment content on the big TV screen, is accessible to millions of homes in the United States. A Roku player allows users to stream more than 5,000 streaming channels and over 450,000 TV episodes and movies. In addition, the SHOWTIME Anytime app is available on Roku. Here’s a rundown of steps to activate SHOWTIME Anytime on Roku at showtimeanytime.com/activate.
- Access the home screen by pressing the Roku button.
- Navigate to “Streaming Channels” > “Search Channels.”
- Go to the Roku Channel Store.
- Type the SHOWTIME Anytime app in the “Search” bar.
- The app will appear on the screen. Highlight the app and click on the “+ Add channel” button.
- This will add the channel to the Roku device. Return to the home screen and launch the app.
- Navigate to any program that you want to play. You will need to select the “Activate” or “Play” button from the Settings menu.
- It will generate a unique activation code. Save the code and access the official activation page, i.e., showtimeanytime.com/activate on a different smart device. (If you access the SHOWTIME Anytime app on your phone, go to “Menu,” select “Settings,” and “Activate Devices.”)
- In the desired field, enter the code, and click on the “Submit” button.
- You will be prompted to log in to your TV provider’s account using credentials – username and password. (Better, you should be logged in to the account before proceeding with the activation process).
- A success message will appear on the TV screen automatically. Your Roku device is ready to stream.
You are all set to watch the theatrically released motion pictures and original TV series via Roku.
Activate Showtime Anytime on Fire TV Stick
- Go to the home screen of your Fire TV and select the Find option.
- Under the Find section, look for the Showtime Anytime app.
- Once found, select the app and press the Get option. The app will begin to install.
- After installation, press the Open option to launch the application.
- Now, navigate to any program and choose the Play or press Activate option under the Settings menu.
- A one-time activation code will appear on your screen.
- Next, visit showtimeanytime.com/activate on a web browser on your PC or Phone.
- Sign in to your account and enter the activation code.
- Alternatively, you can go to the Showtime Anytime app installed on your mobile device and navigate to Menu > Settings > Activate Devices to enter the activation code.
- Submit the code and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the activation process.
- You should now have access to the Showtime Anytime app on your Fire TV.
Can’t Activate Showtime Anytime? Troubleshooting Tips
Did you try your hands at the above steps but in vain? Did you run into some error while activating SHOWTIME Anytime at showtimeanytime/activate? No worries! We are here to help you. Our experts have devised the most trusted troubleshooting tips to do away with the issues.
- Expired Code: Entering an invalid or expired code is one major reason why you cannot activate SHOWTIME Anytime on Roku. As soon as you receive the generated code, don’t think your job is done. Rather, you should be ready with a laptop or tablet to access the authorized activation page.
- Don’t Have an Active TV Provider Subscription: Without having an active subscription from your streaming service or a participating TV provider, you can’t activate the app on the Roku player.
- Streaming Area: Are you a resident of the United States? Do you reside in the US territories? If not, you can’t activate and stream SHOWTIME. To make it happen, you may continue with a VPN service.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you subscribe to the service through a participating TV provider, watch SHOWTIME Anytime at no additional cost. You can also avail of the service through digital streaming services, including Hulu.
Install the SHOWTIME Anytime app from the Roku Channel Store for free. Next, launch to select a program to play. This will get you an Activation Code. Now, visit showtimeanytime.com/activate on a separate device and enter the code. Finally, click the “Submit” button to activate the app on your Roku device.
You can either subscribe directly to SHOWTIME at $10.99 (monthly) or through Paramount+ if you don’t want to pay your cable provider.
To cancel the 30-day free trial, navigate to showtime.com and click the “Sign In” button. You will then use the profile icon to navigate to “Account Settings.” Select “Your Subscription” and click the “Cancel Your Subscription” option. You can follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process.