Not only will you get to enjoy free channels with a Roku streaming device or Roku TV, but also you can stream many paid channel programs like Amazon Prime, Netflix, and more. Provided the Roku device needs to be set up and activated, it does demand some sort of effort from your side. If you are reading this, you are looking for the complete guide to link your Roku device via roku.com/link.
Prerequisites for Activating Roku Device
Got a new Roku TV or Roku player? Congratulations! The Roku smart TV comes complete with numerous outstanding features, including an intuitive interface. The best thing about this unique product is its ability to stream content over the Internet. Well, you will only be able to do it when it is activated or linked via roku.com/link. And to do so, you must be ready with the prerequisites.
- You must have a Roku account.
- Need a high-speed Internet connection (stable Wi-Fi)
- A second device – preferably a computer or mobile phone, or tablet
Note: You don’t pay anything to create a Roku account.
roku.com/link – Complete Roku Activation Guide
Your newly-purchased Roku device involves a straightforward activation process. Here are the quick pointers for setting up your Roku device –
- Connect your Roku device to your TV using an HDMI cable.
- Connect the device to power.
- Insert batteries in your Roku remote.
- Power on your TV.
For on-screen setup and activation, refer to the following steps –
- Begin the activation process by connecting your Roku streaming device to power and the wireless network.
- Make sure you download the latest software. Your device will check for an update (if available) and will download the latest version. It will reboot.
- Next, you will receive a link code on the device.
- Note down the code and access the official Roku activation link – roku.com/link on your mobile phone or computer.
- Enter the code and follow the on-screen instructions to log into your Roku account. (Note: If you don’t have a Roku account already, click on the “Create a Roku account” option.)
- Now, login and add your preferred channels.
Your Roku device is activated and ready to use.
How to Create a New Roku Account (Easy Steps)?
As stated above, there’s no charge to create a Roku account. Here’s how you can sign up with Roku.
- Visit my.roku.com/signup on your computer.
- Enter the details as instructed –
- First Name
- Last Name
- Date of Birth (MM/DD/YYYY)
- Gender (Male, Female, and Non-Binary)
- Select “I’m not a robot”
- Click on the “Continue” button to finish creating an account with Roku.
roku.com/link Code Failed – Troubleshooting Tips
Amongst the most common reasons why your roku.com/link code failed include a poor Internet connection, incompatible browser, and invalid code. Here’s how you can troubleshoot them.
- Make sure your Internet is working perfectly fine. Fix the error if there’s any. Do a speed test to check for the speed.
- Always use a Chrome browser or Firefox to ensure you can open my.roku.com/link.
- Did you copy the correct code? If no, copy it again.
About Roku (Features, Price & Competitors)
A brand of hardware digital media players, Roku makes it possible to stream media content from various cable or streaming services. Almost all the Roku devices come equipped with features like voice search, etc. to help you stream your most favorite movies and shows. With automatic updates, your Roku device will never be out of date.
Your favorite Roku streaming player starts at as low as $29.99. The coolest thing about buying a streaming device from Roku is that there’s no monthly fee for using it.
The American digital media manufacturer has to deal with several competitors that leave no stone unturned to outplay Roku. Some of the biggest names in the streaming device industry include Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Hulu, Humax, Comcast, and Skyworth.
How to add channels to the Roku device?
To add a channel to your Roku device, you will have to follow the steps below.
- Make sure your Roku device is set up properly and connected to the TV with an HDMI port.
- It should also have an Internet connection.
- Use the remote to access the “Roku Channel Store”
- Type the name of the channel or app and click on the “Add channel” button to complete adding channels to the device.
roku.com/link – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
You don’t have to pay a monthly rental fee to watch your favorite video content on Roku. However, your Roku device will need channel subscriptions to cast your favorite content.
The official Roku activation link is roku.com/link. After entering the activation code, click on the “Submit” button.
Your Roku link code will appear after the device reboot is done. Pick the code and enter it at roku.com/link.