POP TV, formerly TV Guide Network, is another American pay-TV channel from ViacomCBS Network. It is a general entertainment channel featuring programs about popular culture. Viewers of Pop TV get effortlessly entertained through many amazing programs, including Schitt’s Creek.
You can stream Pop’s entertainment programs on popular digital media players like Roku, Fire TV, or Apple TV. To watch Pop TV on such devices, download the Pop Now app from the Channel Store/ App Store and activate it via poptv.com/activate.
Like any TV Everywhere channel, POP TV would require you to link a participating TV provider to gain complete access to Pop’s library and astounding features.
Don’t have a TV provider? One can still stream a fair amount of free content on the POP Now app – Easiest Game Show Ever, The Sorrentinos, Where are They Now, Big Brother After Dark, Hollywood Darlings, and The Story Behind Full House.
How to Activate Pop Now TV App at poptv.com/activate
In order to activate Pop TV on your streaming device, make sure you have the prerequisites ready beforehand –
- TV Provider Credentials: You must have the TV provider login details handy. The most popular TV providers are Xfinity, Optimum, Frontier, Cox, DirecTV NOW, Dish, Hulu, Fubo, Playstation Vue, and DirecTV.
- A Second Device: You also need a computer, mobile phone, or tablet to access the poptv.com activate URL.
- Wi-Fi: Your streaming device and the second device should be connected to high-speed Internet.
Got things ready? Move ahead with the activation process below.
Steps to Activate Pop TV on Roku
Here are the steps to add and activate the Pop Now app on your favorite streaming platform – Roku.
- Press the Home icon on the Roku remote to navigate the home screen.
- On the left side, you will get the menu. Tap on the Streaming Channels option.
- Under it, click on the Search Channels option.
- Search for the Pop Now app using the search feature.
- Click on the +Add channel button to install the app.
- After installation, click the Go to channel button to open the Pop Now app on Roku.
- Inside the app, go to Settings and tap on the Activate button.
- Note down the code that appears on the screen. (You must leave the screen visible for the entire activation process.)
- Launch Firefox, Chrome, or Safari on your computer or mobile device.
- Visit poptv.com/activate and enter the activation code shown on your TV.
- Click on the red Activate button.
- Now, select your TV provider and sign in with its credentials.
Your Roku device will be ready to stream your favorite shows within seconds.
Poptv.com Activate on Apple TV
Installing and Activating the Pop Now app on your Apple TV allows you to enjoy Pop originals like Schitt’s Creek, One Day at a Time & Florida Girls, and binge classic programs such as Beverly Hills, House, 90210, and more.
To access POP Now on your Apple TV, follow these steps.
- Open the App Store on your Apple TV.
- Find the Pop Now app using the Search option.
- Press the Get button to install the Pop Now App.
- Launch the Pop Now app after installation.
- An activation code will display on the TV screen.
- Now, open a web browser on another device and visit poptv.com/activate.
- Enter the activation code in the provided field and press ACTIVATE button.
- If prompted, sign in to your TV provider account.
- After that, follow the on-screen prompts to complete the activation process.
Activate Pop Now App on Android TV
Follow the steps below to install & activate the Pop Now app on your Android TV using the service provider details –
- On your Android TV, go to Play Store.
- Using the search option, find the Pop Now app.
- When found, tap the Install button and wait for the app to get installed on your Android TV.
- Now, launch the app by tapping the Open option.
- Inside the Pop TV app, You will see a one-time registration code along with activation instructions.
- Once you have the Code, visit poptv.com/activate on your phone/PC browser.
- Enter the activation code in the provided field and press the Activate button.
- Then, sign in using your TV provider login credentials.
Now, return to your TV and watch Pop programming on your Android TV.
Pop TV Activation Failed – Get Tips to Fix
You may like to try your hands at the following troubleshooting tips to fix the activation issues –
- Incorrect Sign-in Credentials: Did you see an activation error due to invalid sign-in details? You may try again and ensure you are typing the credentials correctly. If the details don’t match, reach out to your TV provider.
- Wi-Fi Issues: Don’t attempt the process if your Internet has any issues.
- Generate Code Again: If your POP activation code expires, repeat the activation process to generate a new code.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Pop TV app is free to download on your favorite streaming devices, smart TVs, smartphones, and tablets. However, you will need a subscription to a TV provider.
Go to the App Store to download the Pop Now app on your streaming device. Then, activate the app at poptv.com/activate to start streaming Pop content.
Although some Pop Now shows are available to everyone (free or paid), getting a participating TV provider subscription allows you to access full episodes.