Just like Roku Inc., Amazon has its own set of streaming devices making waves in the streaming industry. Amazon’s streaming devices like Fire TV, Fire Stick 4K, Fire TV Cube, and more bring many free and paid streaming opportunities.
The Amazon FireStick supports a wide range of apps and channels you can install and start streaming.
Talking about the most popular streaming app, Netflix is known for its exclusive originals, TV series, movies, and documentaries.
If you wish to stream Netflix on FireStick, there’s a simple method to follow. First, you must install the Netflix app from the Amazon App Store (if not installed already) and activate Netflix at netflix.com/tv8.
Stick till the end of this post to learn how to watch Netflix on Fire Stick.
Prerequisites to Activate Netflix on Fire TV
Here are a handful of things that you will require for a hassle-free activation process.
- A valid Netflix subscription (keep the sign-in details handy).
- Use a stable internet connection.
- Make sure your Fire Stick device is updated to the latest version.
- Keep a mobile or laptop handy to access netflix.com/tv8 URL.
Steps to Install and Activate Netflix on Fire Stick
Installing the Netflix app on the Amazon Fire Stick device is straightforward. You can install the Netflix app on FireStick directly from the Amazon App Store. Here’s a quick guide to getting started.
- Turn on your FireStick-connected TV.
- Access the home screen by clicking the Home button on the Fire TV remote.
- Select the Find option and click Search.
- Use the on-screen keyboard to type Netflix.
- The Netflix app will appear on the TV screen.
- Select the app and install it by clicking the Get button.
- Once installed, click the Open button to launch the Netflix app on FireStick.
- Inside the app, select the Sign up with a TV code option to get a unique code on your TV screen.
- Keep the screen active while you visit netflix.com/tv8 on another device.
- Enter the code displayed on the TV screen and click the Continue button.
- If prompted, sign in using your Netflix account credentials to complete the process.
You can now watch thousands of web series, movies, and originals on your FireStick device.
How to Sign up or Subscribe to Netflix?
Don’t have the sign-in details to activate Netflix on Firestick? Here’s what you need to do to sign up and subscribe to Netflix –
- Go to Netflix.com on a web browser of your computer or mobile device.
- Enter your email address and click the Get Started button.
- Type your password and click Next.
- Here, you will have to select a plan – Basic ($9.99), Standard ($15.49), and Premium ($19.99).
- After selecting your preferred plan, click the Next button.
- In the payment information section, enter your card details and other required information to complete the subscription process.
Your Netflix subscription is now active, and you can use these credentials to activate Netflix on your Fire TV at netflix.com/tv8.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can watch Netflix series and shows on Fire Stick. But, first, ensure you have a high-speed internet connection to install and activate Netflix on Fire Stick.
– Go to the Find menu from the home screen.
– Select the Search icon and look for Netflix.
– Download the app and launch it.
– You will receive a unique activation code.
– Save the code and access netflix.com/tv8 on a smartphone or PC.
– Enter the 8-digit code and sign in to your Netflix account.
Check your internet connection first. If the Wi-Fi network is poor, you will have trouble watching Netflix. Also, you must check your Fire Stick device and ensure it is updated to the latest version.