Want to watch your favorite episodes, including The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, NBC Nightly News with Mester Holt, Manifest, Dateline, Days of our Lives, or Keeping Up With The Kardashians? You have got to subscribe to the NBC streaming service and activate it.
Accessing NBC programming is easy. All you need to do is add and activate the NBC app on a streaming platform at nbc.com/activate.
The NBC app is available on Apple TV, Roku & Fire TV Stick as a standalone application and is also one of the few streaming services in the US that supports live TV for FREE.
Simply access the Channel Store/ App Store to get the app and install it on the device by following the on-screen instructions. Then, as you gear up to jump over to the activation steps, ensure you have an NBCUniversal profile and other prerequisites ready beforehand.
How to Create an NBC Universal Profile?
To watch NBC’s scripted and non-scripted TV shows and the other top-rated programming on your TV via Roku, it is recommended to sign up for an NBCUniversal account. Therefore, we wish to guide you through the following steps to create an account with NBC Universal.
- Access the official web portal of the National Broadcasting Company here.
- Then, click on the “SIGN UP” button.
- You will be redirected to the Sign-Up page. Then, you will be ready to unlock “NBC content.”
- Select “Sign up with Email” and provide certain details – Email Address and Password.
- Click on the “Sign Up” button. Your NBCUniversal profile is created.
- If you want to Continue with Facebook, Continue with Google, or Continue with Apple, select the right option and comply with the on-screen instructions to create your account.
Note: Signing up will bestow you 3 free credits instantly to watch locked content. Also, it gives you the right to vote for your favorite artists or performers during the shows. Another advantage of an NBC account is that you can access premium content across all your devices.
Tips to Add & Activate NBC Channel App on Roku
To help you stream the top-rated American shows, movies, and live TV, here’s how you can add the app to your Roku device.
- Turn on the Roku device and go to the home screen using the remote.
- Access “Streaming Channels” > “Search Channels.”
- From here, you need to navigate to the Roku Channel Store.
- Look for the NBC app in the Roku Channel Store.
- Tap the “Add channel” button to add the app.
- Select the “OK” button upon seeing a successful message.
The next thing that you must do is to complete the activation process at nbc.com/activate.
- Get back to the Roku Channels section and launch the NBC app.
- You will receive a unique activation code (along with the activation page and instruction guide).
- Head over to https://nbc.com/activate (Official activation page) on your computer or mobile device and enter the code in the required field.
- Click on the “CONTINUE” button.
Your Roku device is ready to stream NBC.
NBC Activation Code Not Working? Troubleshooting Tips
Here are some of the most common issues faced by users while activating nbc.com on Roku…
- App Loading Issues: You can uninstall and reinstall the app to fix the issues. Also, check the Internet connection.
- General Troubleshooting Tips for Common Issues:
- Try a different browser
- Switch your browser to incognito or private mode
- Clear cache and cookies
- Delete the app and re-install it.
Steps to Activate NBC on Amazon Fire TV
- Select the Find option from your Fire TV’s Main screen and locate the NBC app.
- Click the Get option to install the app.
- Once installed, launch the NBC app.
- You will see an activation code on your TV screen.
- Now, on a separate device (smartphone or computer), open a web browser and go to the NBC activation page – nbc.com/activate.
- Enter the activation code in the prompted field and press CONTINUE.
- Select your TV provider and sign in using login credentials (username & password).
- After that, complete the rest of the on-screen prompts (if any).
- Return to your Fire TV screen and start watching your favorite NBC shows.
Troubleshooting Tips for Fire TV Stick
- Confirm your NBC package with your TV provider. If you have an internet-only plan, it will not work on Fire TV.
- Make sure your Fire TV device is up to date.
- Log out and re-activate the NBC app.
- Reset your Fire TV device.
- Force stop the app and open it again.
- Clear the cache of your NBC app.
How to Access NBC App on Apple TV?
- Use the voice assistant button on your Siri remote to find the NBC app.
- Select the app from the search result and tap the Get button.
- Wait for the NBC app to get installed.
- When installed, tap the Open option to launch the NBC app.
- A unique activation code will display on your screen.
- On a second device (phone or PC), go to the NBC activation page (nbc.com/activate).
- Type the activation code in the given field and tap the CONTINUE button.
- Next, choose your TV service provider and sign in using the login credentials.
- Once logged in, follow the on-screen prompts to complete the activation process.
- You should now be able to access the NBC app on your Apple TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
When you create an account, you receive three credits. You can use the credits to unlock NBC TV shows (one). Since credits don’t expire, you can use them as long as you are signed in with your profile.
Having an NBC profile is a must to use the website as well as its applications on various compatible devices. You will enjoy a seamless cross-platform experience if you have more than one device.
No, you can’t. It is only available to users with a subscription from participating TV providers.
About the National Broadcasting Company (NBC)
Sometimes referred to as the “Peacock Network,” NBC, expanded as the National Broadcasting Company, is the oldest major broadcast network in the US (came into being in 1926). It is part of the Big Three TV networks (the other two being – CBS and ABC). It boasts thirteen owned-and-operated stations throughout the country. The network, which is the TV component of NBCUniversal since 2004, is owned by Comcast Corporation.