Suppose Crackle is your go-to channel for everything entertainment, including movies, original series, and shows. In that case, NAT GEO TV can be your one-stop destination for everything wildlife – Nat Geo Wild Shows and Nat Geo TV.
The American pay-TV network is known for offering wildlife documentaries and science-related stories. However, NAT GEO TV can only be streamed within U.S. territory.
You will only need a participating TV provider account to access episodes and shows on your compatible streaming device via nationalgeographic.com/tv/activate.
Prerequisites to Activate National Geographic App
Apart from a stable Internet connection and sign-in details from a participating TV provider, you will need a compatible streaming platform and a second device.
Make sure the second device uses the same Wi-Fi network as your streaming device or Smart TV.
Compatible Roku Device
Not sure whether your Roku device is compatible with the Nat Geo TV channel? Take a look at the following Roku devices –
- Roku Express – models 3700X, 3900X
- Roku HD – model 2500X
- Roku 1 – model 2710X
- Roku LT – models 2400X, 2450X, 2700X
- Roku 2 HD – model 3000X
- Roku 2 – model 2720X
- Roku 2 XS – model 3100X
- Roku Streaming stick models 3400X, 3420X, 3500X, 3600X, 3800X, 3810X
- Roku 2 XD – model 3050X
- Roku 4 – model 4400R
- Roku 3 – model 4200X
- Roku Express + – model 3710X, 3910X
- Roku Premiere – model 4620X
- Roku Premiere + – model 4630X
- Roku Ultra – models 4640X, 4660X
- Roku TV
How to Activate National Geographic on Roku using nationalgeographic.com/tv/activate
Install and activate the Nat Geo TV app to watch many interesting and informative shows related to science, nature, and culture.
- Turn on your Roku device and go to the home screen by pressing the Home icon.
- Use the remote to access Streaming Channels > Search Channels.
- Type Nat Geo TV in the search bar and press the OK button.
- Click the Add channel button.
- Launch the app to receive a unique activation code.
- On your computer or mobile phone, go to nationalgeographic.com/tv/activate.
- Enter the code and click the Continue button.
- Provide the sign-in details and click the Activate button.
That’s how your Roku device is ready to stream shows like The Rescue, Becoming Cousteau, Fauci, Own the Room, Heroes of the Ocean, Flooded Tombs of the Nile, etc.
Activate National Geographic TV on Your Fire TV Stick
- Press and hold the Alexa Voice Button on your Fire TV remote and speak “Nat Geo” or “National Geographic”.
- Select the app from the search result and press the Get option to begin the installation.
- Once installed, select the Open option to launch the application.
- You will be provided a unique code along with activation instructions.
- Now, visit nationalgeographic.com/tv/activate on your computer or phone browser.
- Enter the unique activation code and click on the CONTINUE button.
- Next, sign in using a participating TV provider account.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the activation process.
- You can now watch the Nat Geo app on your Fire TV.
- Make sure you have a stable internet connection.
- Clear the cache of the Nat Geo app if you can’t access it on your Fire TV.
- Make sure your Fire TV Stick is up-to-date to avoid issues during activation or accessing the Nat Geo app.
- If the problem persists accessing the app, consider removing and reinstalling it.
NAT GEO TV Activation Failed – Troubleshooting Tips
Here are some troubleshooting steps that you must try to fix the Nat Geo TV activation failed issue.
- Activation Code Expired: If you delay entering the Nat Geo TV activation code on nationalgeographic.com/tv/activate, the code might get expired. Hence, the activation process is unsuccessful. Repeat the process, generate the code again, and access the activation page to complete the process.
- Is Your Roku Compatible? Check the above list to confirm that you own a supported device to stream interesting content.
- Delete Cache Files: Even if you access the official activation link on a supported browser, it might not work due to some technical glitches. To get rid of the unwanted hindrances, delete the cookies and cache files, and restart your system to avoid or fix the activation failed error.
- Fix Internet: Run a speed test if you doubt that your Internet speed is not enough. Speak to your ISP to improve the speed.
- Contact Your TV Provider: This is the last thing to do.
About National Geographic TV (Shows, Price & Features)
Formerly National Geographic Channel, Nat Geo, also known as Nat Geo TV, is a flagship channel owned by National Geographic Partners, a joint venture between the National Geographic Society (27%) and The Walt Disney Company (73%).
The channel features documentaries based on facts and involves culture, science, nature, and history. With the Nat Geo TV app available on multiple devices, the channel now enjoys a massive outreach.
However, you will need an active TV subscription to watch your favorite animal-related programming, such as Dog Whisperer with Cesar Millan. In addition, you can watch other popular shows like Lost Temple of the Inca, Women Of Impact: Changing the World, Snake Island: Wild & Deadly, An Unfinished Symphony, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
You will need the sign-in credentials with a participating TV provider to activate Nat Geo TV on Roku.
Downloading the Nat Geo TV app doesn’t cost a dime. You can unlock the shows with a TV subscription.
Once you activate Nat Geo TV on your Fire TV, you can watch the Nat Geo Wild shows.