Formerly National Geographic Channel, National Geographic, trademarked as Nat Geo TV or Nat Geo is a well-known pay-TV network owned by National Geographic Partners.
The flagship channel is known for airing non-fiction TV programs, exclusively produced by National Geographic. If you want to watch wildlife documentaries and other award-winning shows with factual content involving science, history, nature, and culture, get Nat Geo on Roku or Fire TV and activate the channel via natgeotv.com/activate.
Things to Consider (Prerequisites)
Doubtlessly, the NAT GEO TV service is your go-to platform to revel in the best science and wildlife documentaries. So, how can you access all the programs that the American television channel boasts about?
Here is a list of things that you are going to need before accessing its vast catalog of shows and episodes.
To eliminate any kind of unprecedented or unforeseen events that could prevent you from streaming NAT GEO on the big screen via a Roku streaming device, you are suggested to check the following prerequisites.
- A NAT GEO TV Account.
- Internet Connection.
- Streaming Device.
- Computer or Mobile Phone, or Laptop.
- Nat Geo TV App.
- A TV Subscription.
Step-by-Step Guide to Activate Nat Geo TV on Roku via natgeotv.com/activate
Are you using a third-generation Roku device or higher? You will find the activation steps quite fruitful.
- Begin the activation process by turning on the device and navigating to the home screen menu.
- Scroll up or down to access “Streaming Channels” > “Search Channels”.
- Use the virtual keyboard to type the name of the app – “NAT GEO TV”.
- Click the “OK” button to select the app and then, press the “Add channel” button to add the app to your Roku channel list.
- Return to the home screen and tap the app to launch it.
- You should find a unique activation code along with the natgeotv.com/activate link.
- Save the code and access the link on another computer or laptop.
- Enter the code and click “Continue”.
- If prompted to enter the log-in details, enter the same.
- The system would verify our account.
- Once done, your device will refresh automatically.
You can watch the best of Nat Geo on the bigger screen.
To Activate Nat Geo on your Fire TV Stick
If you wish to watch content involving science, nature, history, and culture, National Geographic is a perfect app to add to your Fire TV. To access Nat Geo TV on your Fire TV, install the app and activate it at natgeotv.com/activate.
- Open the Find section from your Fire TV’s home screen.
- Search for the Nat Geo app and press the Get option to download and install it.
- Next, press the Open option to launch the app.
- A unique activation code along with instructions will appear on your screen.
- Now, go to the Nat Geo activation page – natgeotv.com/activate using your phone/computer browser.
- Enter the activation code in the provided field and press the CONTINUE button.
- Sign in using a participating TV provider account.
- After that, follow the on-screen prompts to complete the activation process.
- Now, you can access the Nat Geo TV app on your Fire TV.
Nat Geo TV Activation Failed? Troubleshooting Tips
Here are some handy troubleshooting tips to try your hands at –
- Generate Nat Geo TV activation code again.
- Upgrade your Roku device by accessing “Settings”.
- Fix your Internet.
About Nat Geo TV (Shows, Price & Features)
With the Nat Geo TV app on your Roku, you get to stream full episodes of your favorite National Geographic series and documentaries, including – Secrets of the Zoo: Down Under, Genius: Aretha, Wicked Tuna, Alaska Animal Rescue, To Catch a Smuggler, Running Wild with Bear Grylls, Dr. Oakley, Race to the Center of the Earth, Life Below Zero Next Generation, and more.
In order to explore curated collections and stream groundbreaking series, you will need to sign in with your TV provider. You will only then be able to unlock Nat Geo specials, episodes, and watch Live TV. Moreover, you must create an account to enhance your viewing experience. Creating a Nat Geo account is free. It will help you save your favorite shows like Cesar Millan: Better Human Better Dog, Gordon Ramsay: Uncharted, The Hatcher Family Dairy, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions
Download the Nat Geo TV app from the Roku Channel Store. Launch the app once it is installed to generate a natgeotv.com activation code. Head over to natgeotv.com/activate to enter the code. Click the “Continue” button to verify your account.
Yes, the Nat Geo TV app on Fire TV Stick is free for people or customers of participating cable providers. The app is free to download. Once activated via natgeotv.com/activate, you can stream NAT GEO WILD and Nat Geo shows.
Some of the streaming platforms that you may consider watching Nat Geo shows on include Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Xbox One, and more. iOS and Android devices let you enjoy live TV and on-demand shows.
Yes, you will need a TV subscription package to watch the amazing Nat Geo shows. You can also watch Nat Geo without cable providers. You will, however, need a subscription from one of the streaming services like Fubo TV, Sling TV, Hulu + Live TV, etc.