Want to watch your local broadcast TV for free? Activate the Locast app on Roku at locast.org/activate (the official activation link) and start streaming the most adorable shows over the Internet.
Locast is a not-for-profit broadcasting service, allows users to access various broadcast TV stations via the Internet. Since Locast thrives to offer the service for free, it urges users to donate a certain amount to keep the service available to people in selected US cities.
Before you could stream the free service right on your TV via a Roku device, you must activate the Locast app using locast.org/activate. Let’s learn everything to activate the app on your TV streaming device.
Quick Tips to Activate Locast App using locast.org/activate
The best way to link your Locast account to your streaming device and watch various programs, including Classroom Connection, America’s Heartland, The Six Milion Dollar Man, Touched By An Angel, Conscious Living, AnyDay Now, A Chef’s Life, and more is to get the locast.org/activate code. Proceed ahead with the following quick tips to start enjoying the amazing events.
Step 1: Create a locast.org Account
To complete the activation process at locast.org/activate, ensure you have an account with Locast. For fellows devoid of having an account, they must refer to the following steps.
- On your computer, launch your regular browser.
- Access the official Locast website, i.e. www.locast.org.
- Click on the “Register” option on the menu bar (top right corner of the screen).
- You will see a “Get access to local channels for free” popup.
- Now, “Enter your email address”, “Enter your password”, and “Confirm your password”.
- Click the checkbox “Locast can email me about my account & service”.
- Next, click on the yellow “Register” button.
You have successfully created your Locast account.
Step 2: Add Locast App to Roku Device:
You are only a few steps away from adding the Locast app on your Roku device. Streaming of the app is only possible after successful activation via locast.org/activate. Let’s get started with the below-furnished steps to add the app to your compatible streaming device.
- Turn on your Roku device and ensure it is connected to a good Internet connection.
- Access the home screen and navigate to “Streaming Channels” > “Search Channels”.
- Look for the Locast app on the Roku Channel Store.
- Click on the “+Add channel” button upon locating it.
- The app will be added to the device.
Step 3: Activate Locast Channel on Roku via locast.org/activate:
Once the Locast app is installed on your Roku streaming media player, it needs to be launched and activated. Activating the Locast app on Roku is just another way of logging in.
- You need to return to the home screen to launch the app by tapping on it.
- Get an Activation Code displayed on the TV screen.
- Leave the screen visible and access the official activation link – locast.org/activate.
- Provide the log-in details (enter your email address and password) and click on the “Login” button.
- On this page, you will see the “Activate” button on the top left of the screen. (It should be next to the Live TV Guide option. If you have accessed the page on a mobile browser, better click on the 3 horizontal lines. It will display the Menu.)
- Now, it will prompt you to enter the Activation Code.
- After entering the code (take a look at the TV screen to ensure that you are not making any errors), click on the “Submit” button.
Within moments, your TV screen will refresh. It will bring you a Live TV Guide to start starting.
Alternative Way to Activate Locast on Roku –
Can’t access the locast.org/activate link? No worries! Just navigate to locast.org on a different device connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Follow the on-screen prompts and enter the credentials carefully. Once you are logged in, you can easily access the field to enter the code to complete the process.
Locast Activation Code Not Working? Troubleshooting Tips
While activating Locast, make sure you access the activation page on a separate device (connected to the same Internet connection). If you try to access the locast.org/activate page on a device connected to another network, you can’t stream Locast.
Another troubleshooting tip is to note that the code is entered in all capital letters. If you mistype it, the Locast activation code will not work.
Frequently Asked Questions
The best way to access Locast is to sign up for an account, download the Locast app on your favorite streaming device, activate it by entering the activation code at locast.org/activate, and start streaming.
Keep in mind that Locast is streamed with stereo sound. Enabling surround sound on your streaming device might turn off the audio. Switch it back to stereo sound to fix the issue. If it is a grave concern and you can’t fix it by yourself, get in touch with Locast.
Try logging out and then log in. If it doesn’t help, submit a ticket via the Help Center.