Expanded as Investigation Discovery GO, IDGO is a pay-TV network that primarily concentrates on investigation episodes and crime documentaries. The channel was launched in 1996 under the name “Discovery Civilization Network: The World History and Geography Channel”.
If you are a diehard fan of true crime programs, activating the Investigation Discovery GO app is the best way to stream your favorites. Get the app on your streaming device like Roku or Fire TV. Activate it at idgo.com/activate. Start streaming full episodes and shows like Murder in the Heartland, Atlanta Justice, A Time to Kill, and True Conviction.
Let us walk you through the complete activation guide below!
Things to Consider (Prerequisites)
To get started with the activation process, make sure you have got the following things ready beforehand.
- A smart device – preferably a mobile phone or a laptop.
- An IDGO app and account.
- An active subscription to a TV provider (DISH, AT&T U-Verse, Verizon FiOS, Xfinity, WOW, etc.).
- A stable Wi-Fi network.
- A supported streaming device (Roku/ Fire TV Stick).
How to Create an IDGO/ Investigation Discovery GO account?
As stated above, it is indispensable to create an ID GO account before you could try your hands at the following activation steps. With an idgo.com account, you can stream ID Live anytime, anywhere across all the compatible devices. The sign-up steps are easy to follow. However, you will need to have an active subscription to your TV provider. Let’s get started –
- Visit the official website of Investigation Discovery.
- Click on the “SIGN IN” button (located in the top right corner).
- You will be prompted to select your TV provider (For example, DirecTV).
- Next, you can click on the “Register” button to create your TV provider account for Investigation Discovery.
- Enter “Account Number”, “Phone Number”, “Last 4 Digits of CC”, and “Enter your last name”.
- Click on the “CONTINUE” button.
Your ID account is created. You need to remember your ID credentials given by your TV provider for a hassle-free process.
Quick Steps to Activate IDGO on Roku TV via idgo.com/activate
The official IDGO app is available on Roku TV. Refer to the steps furnished below to add & activate the Investigation Discovery GO app using the official link idgo.com/activate.
- From the Roku home screen, scroll up or down to access “Streaming Channels”.
- Click “Search Channels” and navigate to “Roku Channel Store”.
- Look for the “IDGO” app and click on the “Add Channel” button.
- Click on the “OK” button to add the channel.
- Return to the home screen and tap on the app to open.
- It will get you an activation code along with on-screen instructions.
- Copy the code and access the idgo.com/activate link to complete the process.
As soon as you click on the “ACTIVATE” button, your Roku device will refresh. It will be ready within moments. You can now call your friends over to stream the binge-worthy episodes.
How to Activate IDGO App on Amazon Fire TV
- Go to the Find option from your Fire TV’s home screen.
- Search for the IDGO app using the virtual keypad.
- Next, press the Get option to install the app.
- After installation, launch the app and copy the activation code.
- Now, open a web browser on another device and visit IDGO activation link – idgo.com/activate.
- Enter the activation code and press Activate button.
- Then, choose your TV provider and sign in to your account.
- Follow the rest of the on-screen prompts (if any) to complete the activation process.
- The IDGO app is now activated for your Fire TV.
IDGO activation code not working? Troubleshooting Tips
“I entered the activation code that I had copied from the TV screen on the idgo.com/activate page, but it failed. What should I do?” – If you have a similar query and want a quick solution, simply repeat the activation process. This time, you need to copy the code as it is and access the activation page without any delay. Also, ensure that your streaming device is updated. If it doesn’t work, you need to contact professionals.
About IDGO APP (is it FREE?)
Downloading the ID GO app is free. You only need to get hold of the right subscription package from your TV provider. With your TV subscription, you get unlimited access to all current series and new episodes. Also, you get to save episodes to your watch later list so that the next time you turn on your device; you can start where you left off.
Frequently Asked Questions
Unfortunately, no! You will have to subscribe to a TV provider through satellite or cable to watch most of the ID shows.
In that case, you can’t get access to the premium content offered by ID. You can still access some unlocked shows without sign-in.
With a TV provider, Investigation Discovery bequeaths you extra original content – mostly, behind the scenes.
IDGO offers on-demand and live episodes that have a closed captioning option.