FYI is a notable cable channel in the United States that primarily features documentaries, biographical shows, and lifestyle programming, with a potpourri of home renovation, culinary, reality, and makeover series.
With the official FYI TV app available on various streaming devices, people leave no stone unturned to watch hours of Teenage Newlyweds, Arranged, Tiny House Nation, and more.
If you own a smart TV, why not get the FYI TV app on your streaming platform via fyi.tv/activate?
Things Needed to Activate FYI TV
It’s a lazy afternoon and you don’t want anything except watch some interesting FYI shows on your TV. Well, this is a great idea. First, you will need to activate FYI on Roku or Fire TV. For that, you will need a few things ready beforehand. They are –
- An FYI profile.
- A compatible streaming device. (Make sure you update it regularly for a seamless activation process.)
- You must have a TV provider. (Some well-known TV providers are AT&T U-Verse, COX, DirecTV, DISH, Hulu, Spectrum, Xfinity, Verizon, Optimum, Philo, Altice One, Xtreme, and WOW.)
- Another device to access fyi.tv/activate.
- A stable, high-speed Wi-Fi network.
“FYI content is only available to stream in the United States.”
Tips to Activate FYI TV App on Roku via fyi.tv/activate
Let’s learn how to download the FYI app on Roku.
- Turn on your Roku device.
- Press the Home button on the remote to navigate to the home screen menu.
- From the Roku home screen, scroll up or down to navigate to the Streaming Channels option.
- Under it, you will click the Search Channels option.
- Navigate to the Channel Store and browse the Movies & TV section or you can simply type the name of the app – FYI.
- The search results will bring the FYI app on the screen.
- Click the Add channel button and complete the installation process.
Now that the FYI app is installed on Roku, go to My Channel on your Roku device to launch the app and complete the activation process at fyi.tv/activate.
- Open the app to receive an activation code.
- Save the code or leave the screen visible as you access another device to access the activation link.
- On your mobile browser, head over to fyi.tv/activate.
- Select your device, i.e., Roku, and select your TV provider.
- If you don’t see your TV provider listed, click the More Providers drop-down list.
- After selecting the participating TV provider, you need to enter your activation code.
- Click the Continue button to verify your account details.
On the next screen, you may be prompted to enter the credentials provided by your TV provider. Stick to the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
Once the details are verified, your Roku screen will load automatically. You can now enjoy everything the channel offers.
Activate FYI TV App on your Amazon Fire TV
- Search for the FYI TV on your Fire TV using the Find option from the home screen.
- Once you locate the app, select it and press the Get option.
- The app will begin to download and install on your Fire TV.
- After installation, launch the app by pressing the Open option.
- The app will generate a code along with activation instructions.
- On another smart device, launch a browser and visit fyi.tv/profile/activate.
- Select the Fire TV option under the Select Your Device section.
- Similarly, under the Sync Your Device section, enter the activation code
- Then, press the Continue button and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the activation process.
Troubleshooting Tips for FYI TV Activation
Don’t panic if the activation process fails. Here are the troubleshooting tips to eliminate any activation error.
- Remove the FYI app and reinstall it on your Roku.
- Restart your Roku device.
- Reboot your router.
- Get another activation code.
- Fix the Internet.
- Use a compatible browser.
- Delete cookies and cache files.
- Contact your TV provider.
About FYI TV
The FYI channel is a fantastic way to watch the best video clips and full episodes from all shows, including Arranged, Married at First Sight, and Tiny House Nation. The FYI app on your Roku lets you see exclusive clips (never before shown on TV), create a customized watchlist, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions
You need not pay extra to watch FYI content. Simply install the app and activate it using your TV provider credentials.
After you have activated FYI on Roku, access the FYI library and start streaming your favorite shows.