Discovery Plus, stylized Discovery+, is the streaming home of Paranormal, True Crime, Relationships, Food, Home, and so much more. It means there’s something for everyone in your family.
Discovery+ channel is available on several streaming devices such as Roku, Android TV, Apple TV, Amazon Firestick, etc. So, if you have a Discovery Plus subscription, you can watch Discovery+ on any of these devices.
If you are a Roku user, you can watch your favorite shows and personalities and an award-winning collection of natural history series from BBC and Discovery on Roku.
Read to know how to get the Discovery Plus channel on a Roku streaming device or Roku TV.
Steps to Download & Install Discovery Plus on Roku
You need to install the Discovery Plus app on your Roku device to get started. Here’s a simple step-by-step process to install and watch Discovery Plus on Roku.
- Switch on your Roku device and press the Home icon on the remote.
- Navigate to the Streaming Channels option from the home screen.
- Select the Search Channels option and type Discovery Plus using the virtual keyboard.
- Once the Discovery Plus app appears on the screen, select it.
- Click the Add channel button to install the Discovery+ app on Roku.
- After installation, click Go to channel to open the app.
- Enter the Discovery+ sign-in details. (If you don’t have an account, create one.)
- You are now ready to stream Discovery Plus on Roku.
Note: Discovery Plus channel is not compatible with all Roku models. So, check your device compatibility before installing the app.
How to Subscribe to Discovery Plus?
Discovery Plus has something for everyone. However, you will need to subscribe to the service to enjoy Discovery Plus Originals and New Shows. There is a 7-day free trial available for new customers only.
- Go to discoveryplus.com and click the Start Free Trial option.
- Choose the plan that suits you.
- Discovery Plus has two plans – Discovery+ ($4.99 per month) and Discovery+ Ad-free ($6.99 per month).
- After selecting the right plan, click Continue.
- Enter your email address and password.
- Click the Agree and Continue option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to make the payment. (You will only be charged after the free trial period.)
Your Discovey+ account is now active. Go to your Roku device and sign in to your Discovery Plus account to watch its content.
How to Sign in to Discovery Plus Account
Signing in to Discovery Plus is easy. Refer to the steps below –
- Visit Discovery Plus sign-in page.
- Enter your Email and Password.
- Click the Sign In button.
If you forgot your password, click the Forgot Password link on the sign-in page. Next, enter your email address and click the Email Me button. Finally, click the link you receive in your inbox and follow the instructions to recover your Discovery Plus password.
Discovery Plus is a subscription-based streaming service owned by Discovery Communications. This streaming service streams all your favorite Discovery channels, including Food Network, HGTV, Animal Planet, DIY Network, History, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can install the Discovery+ app from the Roku Channel Store.
To remove the Discovery+ channel, go to the channel tile, press the * key on your remote, and select the Remove channel option.
There is no need to activate the Discovery Plus channel to watch your favorite shows. All you need is the sign-in details.
– Install the Discovery Plus app on your Roku TV.
– Launch the app and enter the sign-in details.
– You will be able to stream the shows if you already subscribe to the service.
You can also get the Discovery Plus channel on Roku from the Channel Store –
– Open a web browser on your computer or mobile device.
– Launch the Roku website and go to the Roku Channel Store.
– Access the search field and type Discovery Plus.
– Click the Details option once the app appears on the screen.
– Click the Add channel option.