If you are looking for a complete entertainment experience, consider getting Crave TV on your streaming device. With a Crave TV subscription, you can enjoy all the biggest Hollywood blockbusters, Starz (Content in English), and Super Ecran (Content in French).
Crave is available on platforms like Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Xbox One, Chromecast, Android TV, Samsung Smart TVs, iOS, and Android devices. So to stream the Crave TV on your device, you need to install the app and activate it at crave.ca/activate.
Prerequisites for Activating Crave TV
Amongst the must-haves, you are going to require a Crave subscription (through Roku, TV providers, or directly through Crave). If you purchase a new Roku TV or Roku player, you avail of two months of Crave for FREE.
Once you confirm the subscription, check the following requirements before you could kick-start the activation process.
- Crave app.
- Compatible streaming device.
- A separate device – computer, laptop, phone, or tablet.
- Stable Wi-Fi network.
Steps to Activate Crave TV on Roku via crave.ca/activate
Bell Media, the owner of Crave, ensures that the subscription-based video-on-demand gives tough competition by competing directly with leading service providers like Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, Netflix, and Apple TV+. Keeping this in mind, it launched the service on Roku in 2020, thus creating a wider reach for Crave.
If your device is already set up, refer to the following steps to add & activate the Crave TV app on your Roku player right now.
- Begin the Crave TV activation process by turning on your Roku player or Roku TV.
- Navigate to the home screen and look for the “Streaming Channels” option.
- From there, you need to select “Search Channels” and click the “Search” box. (You may like to browse the “Movies & TV” category.)
- Use the virtual keyboard and type the name of the app that you are looking for.
- Once the Crave TV app turns up on the screen, you can click the “Add channel” button.
- This will install the app on your Roku player device.
- Press the “Go to channel” button to return to the home screen.
- Launch the app and enter the sign-in details.
- Click “Sign In” to access Crave (if you subscribed to the service directly through Crave.).
Use the following steps to activate the Crave app if you subscribed to the service through a participating TV provider.
- As you sign in, an Activation Code will appear on the screen.
- Note down the code and leave the screen visible while you head over to crave.ca/activate on another device.
- Select your provider, enter the log-in details (MyBell Username and Password), and click the “Log In” button.
- Enter the code in the desired field.
- This marks the end of the activation process.
Your Roku device is ready to stream Crave content.
Activate Crave TV on your Amazon Fire TV Stick
- Look for Crave TV app on your Fire TV using the Find option.
- Once you find the app, download and install the app by selecting the Get option.
- After installation, press the Open option to launch the application.
- Press the Sign In button located in the Account Management Section.
- You will get a unique registration code on your TV screen.
- Now, navigate to crave.ca/activate on a web or mobile browser.
- Sign in using your valid email address and password.
- Then, enter the activation code that is displayed on your TV and submit it.
- After that, complete the rest of the on-screen prompts (if any).
- The Crave TV app is now accessible on your Fire TV.
If you face trouble activating or accessing the Crave app on your Fire TV device, consider these basic workarounds.
- Check your internet connection.
- Make sure your Fire TV is up-to-date.
- Clear the cache of your Crave TV app.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Crave app.
Crave TV Activation – Troubleshooting Tips
Did you follow the steps carefully? If yes, chances are less that you would run into any error.
If the Crave TV activation process failed, you might like to check out the following troubleshooting tips.
- How Did You Subscribe: You can subscribe through Roku, a participating service provider, or directly through Crave. While activating the Crave app on Roku, you will have to choose the process accordingly.
- Fix the Internet: Using a poor Internet connection will thwart the activation process. Always count on reliable broadband service.
- Use Activation Code Timely: After you have received the code from the TV screen, don’t delay entering it in the right box.
About Crave TV (Shows, Price & Features)
To start your access, you will need a Crave subscription that will let you stream thousands of hours of awesome content and premium shows such as Star Trek: Picard, the Handmaid’s Tale, and Crave Originals like Showtime, Letterkenny, and Classic HBO. In addition, Canadian people with a Roku TV or Roku player can have complete access to Crave packages, including Super Ecran, Starz, and more.
Talking about the subscription cost, Crave has three active plans –
- Crave ($9.99 per month)
- Crave (Movies + HBO add-on) ($19.98 per month)
- Crave (Movies + HBO add-on) (Starz add-on) $25.97
Frequently Asked Questions
You will need to create a new Crave account (sign up for one if you don’t have an account already) and get the app on your Roku device. Choose a video to play or follow the on-screen instructions to sign in. Then, get a code and use it at crave.ca/activate to activate your device.
You will need a subscription to stream Crave content on Fire TV. Select your TV provider or purchase the plan at Amazon Fire T, or subscribe directly on Crave.