Had a hectic day at work? Want to lighten up your mood? Why not switch on your Roku or Fire TV and start streaming Comedy Central. It is your go-to place for all things funny. Download the Comedy Central app on your streaming device and activate it at cc.com/activate to immerse in the best stand-up specials, late-night programming, adult animation, sketch shows, and more.
Comedy Central is a popular cable channel owned by ViacomCBS that primarily features content aimed at mature audiences. In addition, CC carries comedy programming in the form of feature films, stand-up comedy specials, etc. Launched two decades ago, it has garnered a community of approximately 86 million American households as of 2018.
CC, today, is an internationally recognized brand with localized channels in Latin America, India, Australia, Southeast Asia, New Zeeland, Africa, and the Middle East.
Things to consider (Prerequisites)
Streaming Comedy Central on Roku or Fire TV requires a TV provider subscription. Check out the subscription packages of these TV providers – DirecTV, Spectrum, Cox, Verizon, Dish, YouTube TV, Philo, and fuboTV.
You will also need a compatible streaming media player, Wi-Fi connection, and another smart device to access cc.com/activate.
Quick Steps to Activate Comedy Central on Roku via cc.com/activate
The CC app can be installed on Roku at no additional cost. First, access the Roku Channel Store to complete the installation process. Then, go through the step-by-step process to activate Comedy Central on Roku.
- Navigate to the home screen of your Roku streaming device.
- Go to “Streaming Channels” > “Search Channels”.
- Navigate to the “Channel Store” to look for the CC app.
- There’s a list of streaming channels on the left side of the screen.
- Browse the “Movies and TV” category to download the Comedy Central channel.
- You need to verify the channel info after finding it.
- Click the “+Add channel” button to install the app on the Roku device.
- Select the “OK” button as prompted and click on the “Go to channel” button to return to the home screen and locate the channel on the added list.
- Tap “Settings” and provide the sign-in details provided by your participating TV provider.
- Get a cc.com/activate link code.
- Now, go to cc.com/activate on another device and enter the 7-digit code correctly.
- Click on the “CONTINUE” button.
- Now, enter the sign-in credentials and click on the “Activate” button.
- There you go! You are ready to “Watch” your favorite stand-up shows.
Steps to Activate Comedy Central Channel on Fire TV
Tickle your Funny Bone by watching the Comedy Central channel on your Amazon Fire TV. Just install the Comedy Central app and activate it at cc.com/activate. Once activated, you can watch popular programming like Jimmy Kimmel Live!, Reno 911!, Crank Yankers, and more.
- Use the Find option on your Fire TV or Alexa Voice Assistant on your remote to locate Comedy Central app.
- When you have located the app, press the Get option to install it.
- Next, open the Comedy Central app and select your TV provider to get the activation code.
- Now, visit cc.com/activate on your computer and enter the activation code.
- Log in with your TV provider using the username and password.
- Your Fire TV device is now activated with Comedy Central app and ready to use.
- You will need to create a new Comedy Central account if you don’t have an online account with your TV provider.
- In case you don’t remember your username and/or password, contact your TV provider.
- If the code is not working or has expired, click/tap on the “Regenerate code” button on the activation page. This will provide you with a new activation code.
Comedy Central Activation Code Not Working? Troubleshooting Tips
Did you stumble upon an error while activating the Comedy Central app on Roku via cc.com/activate? Try out the following troubleshooting tips for an uninterrupted, hassle-free streaming experience.
- Fix Internet Issues: If you have the slightest doubt about your Wi-Fi network, you got to fix it first. Many a time, a poor Internet connection is believed to be the main reason behind the “CC activation code not working” issue. Contact your ISP and fix the speed issue.
- CC Activation Code Is a 7-Digit Number: You will receive a unique activation code from your participating TV provider. It should be a seven-digit number. While entering the pairing code, take ample care and make no mistakes.
- Use cc.com/activate Compatible Browser: Is your web browser compatible with the official link? If not, you are likely to encounter some errors. Use Firefox, Chrome, or Safari instead.
- Update Roku: Access the “Settings” option on your device and check for any “Updates” (if available). Update the device and restart it to eliminate any pertinent issues.
Comedy Central (Features & Popular Shows)
Install and activate the latest version of the CC app to stream exclusive comedy videos and full episodes from shows like Awkwafina is Nora From Queens and The Daily Show with Trevor Noah. Amongst other popular shows, you can watch –
- Inside Amy Schumer
- Key & Peele
- Chappelle’s Show
- Crank Yankers
- South Park
- Broad City
Can’t finish an episode? No worries! You can always start, not from the beginning, but where you left off. Isn’t it an amazing feature of the Comedy Central app?
- Stream Live TV
- Easy browse of shows
- Via the app, you can watch Pluto TV
Frequently Asked Questions
To watch Comedy Central, you must choose a participating TV provider. Then, select a package and sign up to avail of an active subscription. Your subscription package will unlock all CC content, including Live TV.
Make sure your TV provider has this channel in its package. Then, use the sign-in details provided by it. If you still can’t sign in, contact them immediately.