ViacomCBS owns CBS Sports – one of the most popular sports apps known for live sporting events, sports news, recaps, highlights, analysis, stats, and more. There wouldn’t be a better platform for a true sports enthusiast to catch the best sports content live in action. Keeping in mind that CBS’ premier sports properties include NFL, SEC football, PGA Tour golf (the PGA Championship and the Master’s Tournament), and NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament, it would be a welcome move to know how to activate CBS Sports on Roku at cbssports.com/roku (if you own a Roku device).
Things to consider (Prerequisites)
Before you could over to the official activation page on your computer or mobile phone, you will need a registration code. This involves a little work from your side. And to accomplish this, you are going to need a few things. Here they are –
- The latest CBS Sports app.
- An upgraded and compatible streaming device.
- A laptop or computer, or mobile phone.
- High-speed Wi-Fi Network.
- Use a verified TV provider.
How to create a cbssports.com Account?
The following steps will guide you on how to register for a CBS Sports account.
- Navigate to the CBS Sports website – https://www.cbssports.com/.
- Click the “LOG IN” button on the top-right corner.
- On the log-in page, click the link “DON’T HAVE AN ACCOUNT? SIGN UP”.
- You are now on the registration page to enter the required information.
- Provide the correct details –
- Email Address
- Password (At least, 6 characters consisting of a special character, upper and lowercase letters)
- Enter the password again to “Confirm Password”.
- Provide “First Name”, “Last Name”, “Date of Birth”, and “ZIP Code”
- Click the “Register” button.
This is how you REGISTER for a CBS Sports account.
If you want to sign in, access the CBS Sports website, click the “LOG IN” button on the top-right corner, and enter your “Email” or “Member ID” and “Password“. Click the “LOG IN” button to start accessing CBS Sports.
Note: You can also log in with Facebook and Google by clicking the respective links – “Log in with Facebook” and “Sign in with Google“.
Steps to Activate CBS Sports on Roku via cbssports.com/roku
Roku facilitates your TV-watching experience. With thousands of hours of content to stream, there wouldn’t a moment when you get bored. And as far as sports content is concerned, Roku makes for a perfect platform to stream live. To watch CBS Sports on Roku, getting an Activation Code is imperative, which will be used on the authorized page – cbssports.com/roku.
- If your Roku device is already set up, you will need to navigate to the home screen by pressing the “Home” button on the remote.
- Navigate to “Streaming Channels” > “Search Channels”.
- Look for “CBS Sports App Scores & News” (or, just CBS).
- Click the “Add Channel” button to install the app.
- Click “Go to channel” to return to the home screen to launch the app.
- The CBS Sports app will be found on the channel list of your Roku device.
- Now, “Sign In” if prompted and receive an activation code.
- Head over to cbssports.com/roku and enter the code.
- Click the “Next” button and provide the sign-in details.
- Once your account details are verified, you will see a success message.
Your Roku device is ready to stream.
Activate CBS Sports on Fire TV at cbssports.com/firetv
Catch the action from National Hockey League, FIS World Cup races, Baseball, Basketball, and many other sports by installing the CBS Sports app on your Fire TV and activating it at cbssports.com/firetv.
- Go to the app store on your Fire TV and find the CBS Sports app.
- Select the CBS Sports app and press the Get option to install it.
- Next, launch the application, and sign in to your account (if required) to receive the activation code.
- Now, on your computer or phone browser, visit cbssports.com/firetv.
- Enter the activation code and press ACTIVATE button.
- Sign in using your username and password (if prompted) and follow the on-screen prompts.
- Once your account gets verified, you can access CBS Sports on your Fire TV.
CBS Sports Activation Failed? Troubleshooting Tips
Check out the proven troubleshooting tips if the activation process failed.
- Repeat the activation process and enter the activation code timely.
- Use a stable Internet connection and make sure your browser is compatible.
- Your streaming device should be upgraded.
About CBS Sports (Shows, Price & Features)
A TV subscription is required to watch an array of popular events – NFL, NBA, Golf, Soccer, NHL, NCAA, Football, MLB, Champions League, WWE, and more. You will also get to –
- Stream CBS Sports events (Masters Live, SEC Football, PGA Championship, PGA Tour, NCAA Basketball, etc.)
- Breaking sports news around the world.
- Personalized news and video.
Frequently Asked Questions
You must create an account with cbssports.com. Install the CBS Sports app and get the cbssports.com activation code. Access cbssports.com/roku, enter the code, and provide the sign-in details to activate CBS Sports on Roku.
After adding the CBS Sports app, you are required to launch it. The activation code will then appear on the TV screen.
Downloading the app is free. However, you will require a TV subscription to enjoy the live-action and sports news.