Want to start the day with handy information about Kansas City local news and weather reports?
Get the KCTV5 app on Roku and activate it via kctv5.com/activate to stay updated on the latest sports headlines from the KCTV5 News Locker Room, watch live and on-demand local news, and stream investigation stories, and more.
Go through this guide to activate the KCTV5 News app on your favorite streaming media player.
It is lovely to start the day on a high note with the latest stories from the KCTV5 News Investigators and the current weather conditions from Kansas City’s most accurate weather team.
Simply install the app on your Roku device for free and enjoy getting news and videos from the Kansas City area.
Here are the prerequisites to activate the app to watch stories on Friday Night Flights, Top 5, Good Questions, and more.
- You will need a compatible Roku Player.
- The latest KCTV5 app.
- An Internet connection with decent speed.
- KCTV Kansas City account credentials.
Steps to Create a KCTV Kansas City Account
An account with KCTV5 is compulsory to stream live videos and news. Check the steps below to sign up with KCTV5 News Kansas City and watch investigative stories and sports news.
- Access the Profile icon from the homepage or go to kctv5.com/activate and click the Profile icon on the top-right corner of the screen. (You may also click the “Register here” option below the “Sign In” button.)
- On the Account Registration page, you will be prompted to enter the following details –
- Username (Choose the username wisely as it will be displayed next to your photo for blog posts, comments, etc.)
- Email (You shouldn’t share it with anyone. Use your email address to confirm your account.)
- Password (Keep a strong password.)
- Tick all the prompts – Breaking News, Noon Headlines, Sports Headlines, and Storm Track 5 Forecast
- After entering the above details, click the checkbox, “I’m not a robot.”
- Click the “Create Account” option.
There you go! You have successfully signed up with a KCTV5 profile.
You are now ready to carry out the activation process, start enjoying the news, and stay updated on the events in Kansas City and around the nation.
How to Install KCTV5 News App on Roku?
Ensure that your Roku device is connected to a stable Internet connection.
- Turn on your Roku device.
- Go to the home screen by pressing the Home icon on the remote.
- From there, go to the Streaming Channels option.
- Select Search Channels under it and get access to the Roku Store.
- Access the Search option and type KCTV5 News Kansas City.
- Click the Add Channel button to download & install the app.
To activate the app, stick to the steps mentioned underneath.
Activate KCTV5 News on Roku
After downloading the KCTV5 News app for free, it is time to activate it using the activation URL – kctv5.com/activate.
- Return to the Roku home screen and locate the KCTV5 app.
- Launch it to see the activation code and the URL.
- Note down the code before heading to kctv5.com/activate.
- Provide the log-in credentials and click the Sign In button.
- Enter the activation code and click the Activate button.
The KCTV5 News Roku app will load automatically after verifying the details. Once confirmed, you will be able to stream current on-demand news and weather segments along with radar images.
About KCTV5 News
Owned by Gray Television, KCTV5 is a CBS-affiliated TV station licensed to serve the Kansas City metropolitan area. It brings you local and national news, traffic, weather reports, local events, sports news, and satellite and radar images of Kansas City and the surrounding areas.
How to Fix Activation Errors? – Troubleshooting Tips
Can’t access KCTV5 news and weather updates? Diagnose the error and fix it.
We have some recommended troubleshooting tips for you.
- Check Sign-in Credentials: You must use the correct sign-in details – username and password to complete the activation process. Be careful while typing the credentials.
- Fix Internet: Use a different mobile or computer and access the Internet. If it isn’t working, contact your ISP immediately.
- Upgrade Roku: Ensure that your Roku player is running the latest version. To check for updates, go to Settings > Update Device > Update.
You can activate the KCTV5 News channel on your streaming platform using the steps above.
Once activated, you can get the latest news updates on the go.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can activate KCTV5 on Roku on your favorite device in three steps –
– Go to the Roku Channel Store to install the latest KCTV5 News app.
– Generate an activation code and go to kctv5.com/activate.
– Provide the sign-in details and enter the code.
KCTV5 lets you stream its content for free – News, weather, sports, investigative stories, and live TV.
Apart from Roku, you can install the KCTV5 News Kansas City app on smartphones, Fire TV, Apple TV, and Android TV.